The Greater Mekong Subregion Research Network (GMSNet) is the new project of the Greater Mekong Subregion Development Analysis Network (GMS-DAN).The GMSNet is funded by International Development Research Centre, Canada (IDRC) from 2015 - 2018.
The GMS-DAN's core partner research institutes are:
- Cambodia Development Resource Institute (CDRI)
- Thailand Development Research Institute (TDRI)
- Lao Statistics Bureau (LSB)
- National Economic Research Institute (NERI)
- Faculty of Management and Economics, Kunming University of Science and Technology (FME-KUST)
- Vietnam Institute of Economics, Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences (VIE-VASS)
- Central Institute for Economic Management (CIEM)
CDRI and GMS-DAN will pursue engagement of Myanmar research institutions in order to ensure that GMSNet has GMS-wide membership and to support the growth of quality development policy research and regional integration in Myanmar.
GMS-DAN has also established a collaborative relationship with the Institute of Asia-Pacific Studies and the Institute of World Economy and Politics of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS). Other GMS country research institutes have also been involved in particular projects.